M Ragsdale Wright Studios
mrwstudios@earthlink.net
Press Release
February  2011

Michael Wright aka Mrags Writer is Debuting his internet work “Looking In, Looking Out” at mrwstudios.blogspot.com.
“Looking In, Looking Out” consists of self portrait paintings created daily for one year beginning on the artists birthday in 2010 and ending on his birthday in 2011.  Wright has focused on the portrait as one of his life themes. “I have worked over the years with the portrait as representing the individuals struggle for spiritual freedom. I see my work in relationship to how different cultures view themselves at this time in our history.  My work looks to represent the spiritual force behind surface appearance. I believe that there are keys to the understanding of nature, the universe, and woman/mans place in it. I choose to see the Universal in, as they say in Zen, “the thousand and one things around us."  I’m continually in a state of awe at our place in the universal scheme of things. My work attempts to reflect that awe.”  This work is inspired by Joe Nalvan and JD Jarvis’s book “Going Digital” and funded by M Ragsdale Wright Studios.